Add to Calendar
Please Join us for an 8-week Hiking for Fitness Program. The program leaders will guide you on a series of weekly hikes with the challenge increasing each week. Before the first hike, the leader will discuss proper shoes, hydration, incorporating hiking poles, proper pacing, etc. The group’s final hike will be to the top of Bald Mountain where hikers can enjoy the stunning 360 vistas.
Hikes will start at 9 am at Sugarloaf Ridge State Park. The Hiking series costs $80 or free for hikers with a ParkRx from their Sonoma County Medical Provider. For more information on Park Rx please visit https://parkrx-sonomacounty.org/
1) Aug 5: White Barn to Uranus Sugarloaf. 2.2 Miles, 80 ft elevation
2) Aug 12: Meadow Hillside Loop. 3 miles, 250 elevation
3) Aug 19: Stern/Stern Ranch/Pony/Canyon. 3 miles, 500 elevation
4) Aug 26: Vista Trail Loop. 4.5 miles. 700 ft elevation.
5) Sept 2: Neptune Picnic Table. 5 miles. 850 ft elevation.
6) Sept 9: Goodspeed to Bench. 4.2 miles, 1000 ft. elevation.
7) Sept 16: Grey Pine/Red Mt. 5.3 miles. 1200 ft elevation.
8) Sept 23: Climb to Bald Mt. 6.2 Miles 1500 ft. elevation.