Please Join us for an 8-week Hiking for Fitness Program. The program leaders will guide you on a series of weekly hikes with the challenge increasing each week. Before the first hike, the leader will discuss proper shoes, hydration, incorporating hiking poles, proper pacing, etc. The group’s final hike aims for the top of Sugarloaf’s Bald Mountain where hikers can enjoy the stunning 360 vistas. Hikes will start at 9 am at Sugarloaf Ridge State Park.
The Hiking series costs $80, or free for hikers with a ParkRx from a Sonoma County Medical Provider. For more information on ParkRx please visit https://parkrx-sonomacounty.org/
NOTE: Sugarloaf trails sustained fire damage, and some are currently closed. We will adjust routes as needed.
1) Sat 5/5–White Barn to Uranus, 2.2 miles, 80 ft
2) Sat 5/12–Meadow Hillside Loop, 2 miles, 250 ft
3) Sat 5/19–Lower Bald / Stern Ranch, 3 miles, 500 ft
4) Sat 5/26–Vista Trail Loop, 3.8 miles, 700 ft
5) Sat 6/2–Neptune Picnic Table, 5.6 miles, 850 ft
6) Sat 6/9–Goodspeed to Bench, 4.2 miles, 1000 ft
7) Sat 6/16–McCormick – Grandmother Tree, 5 miles, 1200 ft
8) Sat 6/23–Climb to Bald Mt, 6.2 miles, 1500 ft