Fall and Winter Edible Garden and Planning for the Spring Garden
Join author and Master Gardener Steve Albert as he provides you with the best knowledge and tools to extend your garden’s growing season. Topics will include:
– How to utilize the whole growing season, even when frost threatens
– What crops to plant year-round
– Seed sowing and transplanting
– Extending the harvest into winter by using row covers and plastic tunnels
– When to plant and when to harvest
– Planning ahead for your spring garden
Steve Albert has been a Sonoma County Master Gardener for 15 years and has taught landscape design at the University of California Berkeley Extension for more than 20 years. He is the publisher of Harvesttotable.com, a vegetable gardening website with 10 million visitors worldwide each year. He is also the author of “The Kitchen Garden Growers’ Guide.”
Sonoma County Master Gardeners are trained and certified University of California volunteers whose mission is to provide unbiased, high quality, science-based information to non-commercial home gardeners in Sonoma County.
The Sonoma County Master Gardener (SCMG) program has been extending information and providing technical assistance to home gardeners since 1981. They answer gardening questions and take a proactive role in extending information for community improvement. For more information, visit http://ucanr.edu/sites/scmg/.