Several local agencies and organizations including Sonoma Ecology Center are sponsoring this bilingual “community learning and connection session” designed to help Sonoma Valley residents come together and move forward following the October wildfires.
The event, “After the wildfires: Emerging Stronger Together” features featuring Dr. Robert Macy of the International Trauma Center and will offer the following:
- Learn hands-on skills to help you and your family alleviate the stress from the trauma of the recent wildfires
- Learn how to support and increase your resiliency during and after natural disasters
- Learn how to regain and protect your sleep and increase your social connections, which are some of the most powerful antidotes to psychological trauma
- Learn how to practice concrete life skills to reduce anxiety, depression and hostility with help from disaster response and recovery experts
- Gather with your community to heal with people who care
All are welcome to join us in the Altimira Middle School Multi-Purpose Room.
Dinner will be served and free childcare will be provided. Se habla español.